Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
CASUAL EVENT SAFETY OFFICER
Purpose of Job
The Event Safety Officer monitors for activity that could be of harm to Guests and/or Entertainers at an event. They are assigned a position of patrol and will respond to issues as needed and provide excellent customer service. The position is required to ensure proper control of large crowds. Assignments could include concerts, VIP Service (escorting to the Center from the Hotel, bus, airport or alternate venue). Nightclub setting, Artist, Tradeshow or any type of load in and load out from the Center.
• Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
• Respond to emergency situations individually or with a team
• Complete emergency response and evacuation procedures
• Crowd control for different types of Events
• Conduct internal and external security patrols of the Entertainment Center as well as the parking lots
• Write daily logs and reports of all incidents
• Communicate via hand held radio
• Reports to the Security Supervisor/Manager
• Monitors employee activity to ensure conduct of all operations in accordance with Casino Complex Standards, Policies and Procedures and those established by the Service Provider;
• Enforces restricted access to non-public and secure areas;
• Reports and provides Incident Reports for any suspicious or criminal activity, suspicious persons, or unattended children to the Manager/Supervisor;
• Assists in medical emergencies;
• Provides escorts on and off Center Floor where required;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be 19 years of age or older
• Possess a valid New Brunswick Driver’s license
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Work during a range of weather conditions
• Work within a 24/7 operation with ability to work flexible hours when required (days, evening, nights, weekends and holidays)
• Willing to submit to a criminal record check with results acceptable to our organization, standards and position
• Must have employment eligibility in Canada
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bilingual (French and English) is preferred
• Prior experience in the Security field is essential
• Must have level 1 First Aid training
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Word)
Casino New/Nouveau Brunswick offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by replying to this ad.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.