Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
Purpose of Job
The Surveillance Operator monitors the premises using electronic surveillance equipment and reports suspicious activities in compliance with site policies and procedures, internal control procedures and New Brunswick Lotteries and Gaming Corporation (NBLGC) terms and conditions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain valid NBLGC license
- Reports directly to the Surveillance Shift Supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Department.
- Responsible for protecting the safety of the patrons, staff and company assets.
- Utilizes cameras and other approved observational resources to document all activities in all areas of the property.
- Responsible for generating reports on the following matters:
- Any deviation or issues of non-compliance from the property’s policies and procedures;
- Any unusual or suspicious activity in or on the perimeter of the property;
- Any unauthorized access to sensitive areas of the property;
- Any violation of gaming integrity including cheating at play and suspicious financial transactions;
- Any issues which may affect the property’s public image;
- Any liability issues; and
- Any other issue which may be of importance to the Surveillance Manager, Shift Supervisor, Property Management, or the General Manager.
- Responsible for logging and responding to radio calls.
- Responsible for maintaining a log of the routine tasks performed within the Surveillance room and on the gaming floor.
- Responsible for observing all internal cash asset transfers and escorts.
- Responsible for other duties assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent working experience
- Previous security/surveillance experience preferred
- Knowledge of surveillance equipment and cheating are an asset
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communications skills to verbalize incidents and daily happenings in the department, along with strong reading and writing skills for reporting purposes
- Concentration and manual dexterity required to operate equipment
- Knowledge of all operating departments policies and procedures required, including live games, slots, poker, cash/slot cage and count room
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail in their work
- Shift work required as well as an ability to sit for long periods of time, Casino New/Nouveau Brunswick is a 24/7 operation.
- Must be 19 years of age or older
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.